HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, this includes:
Providing us with your Identity Data, Contact Data, Transaction Data, Profile Data, Financial Data and Marketing/Communications Data. This is done by using our website, filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone or email. Ways this personal data is provided includes:
- purchase a product or service through our website
- create an account on our website
- request marketing to be sent to you
- enter a competition
- give us some feedback.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Identity Data includes first name & last name.
- Contact Data means the data we use to contact you including your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Financial Data means the data we use to process your payments for your orders including your payment card details. We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via a contracted third party service provider. We encrypt your payment card details in your browser and securely transfer this data to our third party payment provider to process a payment.
- Transaction Data means details about transactions you have made on our website including the payments to and from you, along with other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data means details about the device(s) you use to access our website including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data includes your username (email address) and password, your login data, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services. This includes your browsing patterns and information such as how long you might spend on one of our webpages and what you look at, the click stream to and from our website, page response times and page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks and mouseovers.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers we communicate to our customers.
- For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the ‘List of cookies we collect’ section.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, particularly for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
You acknowledge that the internet is not a completely secure medium for communication and accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you sent to us (or we send to you) via the internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We also use Google Analytics to collect data that helps us understand how people are using our website. We use this information to identify how and where we can improve the customer experience and to help us determine our most used web pages. The data collected through Google Analytics is anonymous, does not collect specific customer data and is never shared with other third parties.
Disqus uses several cookies to remember your Disqus login information and for you to be able to leave comments on this website.
Disqus cookies used here are “__jid” and “disqus_unique” as well as the following Google Analytics cookies “__utma”, “__utmb”, “__utmc” (*), “__utmz”
You can learn more about the Disqus cookies by reading https://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/466235-use-of-cookies and you can opt out from getting these cookies by following the instructions on this page https://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/1657951-ad-training-settings.
We may use your identity, contact, technical, usage and profile data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We only use the data you provide to us directly for this purpose, along with the Aggregated Data provided to us by our analytics partners and we do not track what other websites you may visit after visiting our own website. We may register the site which referred you to our site (eg. a search engine).
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We generally only send electronic marketing (such as email marketing) to people who have previously bought similar products from us and this is in our legitimate interests. We will always offer a way out of receiving this marketing when you first purchase our products and in every marketing communication afterwards. We may on occasion send out postal marketing for the purpose of growing our sales which is in our legitimate interests and in this scenario, we will rely on you to let us know if you do not want to receive this by opting out of marketing (see Opting Out below).
We may also share certain data with third party social media platforms in order to show you targeted ads when you visit them. We do this by:
We may also provide these platforms with your email address to create an ‘audience’ of users, fitting within a certain demographic/category so that we can target our marketing. Please check the social media platforms’ terms for more details of these services. This is in our legitimate interests of sending you direct marketing. See ‘Opting Out’ below for details of how you can adjust your marketing preferences.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
If you opt out of receiving email marketing from us, we will no longer share your email address with social media platforms. However, you may continue to see our ads through them, due to their general demographic targeting. Please check the social media platforms for more detail of how to ‘opt out’ from seeing these ads.
Sharing with social networks:
If you use the buttons that allow you to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory. Find out more about these here:
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under UK Data Protection Laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a ‘data subject access request’). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it for example where you consider that we do not need it any longer. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note, this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.